Sound Agriculture Risk Management raises questions in every farmer and rancher’s mind.
Recent changes in the 2014 Farm Bill and the way crop insurance works has left many questions unanswered in the minds today’s farmers.
The Introduction of the 2014 Farm Bill completely changed the way that we have to think about farm finances and management. Many of the changes do not take effect until 2015 and 2016, which only adds to the confusion.
Ag Risk Management & Insurance has made it our Job #1 to be your expert for the answers to all your important questions.
Some of our most Frequently Asked Questions:
Risk Management – What is it?
Risk management is a process of identifying the risks that are associated with a particular endevour, and taking steps to minimize the potential negative impact of those risks over a period of time.
What Should I Expect The Long Term Impact of Managing Risks To Accomplish?
At Ag Risk Management, we believe that since agriculture is a much a business as it is a way of life, most people who farm and ranch for a living would like to be as profitable as possible. If you were given the opportunity to double you income by using one of the two methods below, which would you prefer?
1. The Double-The-Efforts Approach:
You could double the size of your operation, double the amount of labor, the equipment, the input costs, and, unfortunately, the debt.
2. The Work Smarter, Not Harder Approach:
You could keep everything basically the same, but invest 2-3 days per year developing and fine-tuning a risk management plan.
I short, you should expect the long term impacts of sound Risk Management to be “more productivity and financial reward from doing about you’re already doing”.
Why Should I Choose AgRM&I To Help Me With My Own Risk Management Strategy?
We are unique in a few ways:
(1) We are Co-Op owned, so in reality, you own the company that is working for you.
(2) As far as we know, AgRM&I is the only place where most of the strategies can be implemented from one source. and
(3) The expertise that is available thru Ag Risk Management & Insurance is second to none at every level.
How Is AgRM&I Paid?
We can make any type of compensation arrangements that the producer wants. Typically, we prefer to allow the commissions that are built-in to most risk management tools pay us. If you prefer to have another person or company implement your plan, we can work out a compensation plan separately.
What Type Of Steps Are Involved in The Process?
It’s a fairly simple approach:
1. Identify and prioritize risks that concern you.
2. Choose two or three primary risks to focus on.
3. Gather information and documents related to those risks.
4. Take a close look at measures already in place.
5. Develop potential improvements to the plan and communicate them.
6. Determine actions to be taken and implement them.
Ready to learn how you can have a stronger impact on your operation's bottom line?
In order to fully help you get the most from your own financial strategies, our trained agents at AgRM&I need to know a little about your operation.
For that, we use our "20 Questions To Change Your Bottom Line" Survey.
Let's get started by clicking the green button below and competing our short survey.
To find out all the ways Ag Risk Management & Insurance
can help your better manage your operation's finances,
Ag Risk Management & Insurance
Main Office Phone: 580-588-5099
Main Office Fax: 580-588-9277
(main office in Apache, Oklahoma)